Tuesday, May 27, 2014

{The Chic Doggie Gate}

I spent this past long weekend in my happy place, Cape Cod. My parents generously have an open door policy for not only my boyfriend and I but our pups too, a Lab mix and French Bulldog.

Despite the clouds, the weekend was full of fresh flowers beckoning summer, lots of grilling and most excitingly my cousin's PROPOSAL on the beach to his wonderful girlfriend (she said YES!). 

While my parents generously host us, Peyton (the Frenchie) has a little peeing problem (look, we're working on it) so keeping her away from ALL RUGS is extremely important. This left us in search of a doggie gate so the four-legged kids could have some freedom but still be contained on an all wood surface in case of an accident.

After dropping into five stores and coming up empty, I quickly realized there is a huge lack of attractive and even functional DOGGIE GATES.
So, I did a little research and this is a roundup of my top five picks.

1. With an unusually long 6ft width and a wooden stain that matched the hardwood THIS was our ultimate purchase. It was very easy to assemble. The only drawback was that it's not quite 3ft so a larger dog could probably clear it with ease.  The upside of that is that you simply step over it and skip the hassle of a door.





















Here are some 
others we 
liked…. 

2. A more stylized option



3. A lighter option


4. This one makes the cut for being able to convert into a dog pen


5.  Simple & White is always a favorite




No comments:

Post a Comment