Thursday, April 3, 2014

{Thirsty Thursday}


These 10 tranquil spots make me want to take a moment to slow down and enjoy…a Spicy Jalapeño Margarita that is. I just recently enjoyed my first at the Tommy Bahama Restaurant in Florida and it was deelish!


RECIPE 
Courtesy of www.loveandlemons.com
Yield: party size - fills 1 pitche
You will need… 
    • 3 cups good (plain) tequila
  • 1 cup Grand Marnier
  • 1.5 cups fresh lime juice
  • 1 cup simple syrup (or sub agave syrup to taste)
  • ice
  • lime & jalapeño slices for garnish
  • salt for the glasses, optional
  • jalapeño infused tequila:
  • 1 cup tequila
  • 1/2 a sliced jalapeño
Instructions
  1. Make the jalapeño tequila. Add the jalapeño to the tequila and let it sit at room temp for a few hours or up to a day.
  2. Remove jalapeños and pour into a small serving glass. Serve on the side so guests can add as much or little spice as they like.
  3. Mix together the margarita ingredients.
  4. Add a few drops of the spicy tequila, to taste, to finished margaritas. (it's very spicy - start with less, you can always add more)
Love the option of opening or closing these charming windows
These may be the nicest lounge chairs I have ever laid eyes on. I also love the simple lines of this patio and the series of steps that lead into the pool… perfect for whimps like me that need to ease into the water.

Sometimes no color is really the best color.
This would make for a divine rehearsal dinner setting. Sorry, you can't take the wedding planner out of me!
A setting made perfect by string lighting, lanterns, a side table, pillows and a blanket.
I can't exactly tell you how I would get my margarita out there but I can tell you I WOULD make it happen to enjoy that lake swing! 
It's so rare to see a pool surrounded by lush green grass these days… or maybe I've been spending too much time in Florida as of late. Hamptons here we come! Love how the natural simplicity of the landscape is accented with simple orange and white pillows. 
Farm Break at Dusk  

I could sit here every afternoon. I love the textured lines, the moulding below the bench and the equally simple side table.
The rounded edges on this yacht. To. Die. For. And what a perfect row of seats to take in the mesmerizing wake this powerhouse leaves behind!

Do you have a special spot you created just to unwind? Or a favorite drink recipe? Share the love below in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment